Work Location & City
Relative Care is seeking compassionate and dependable caregivers to provide loving care in homes located throughout Chester, Berks, Lancaster & Delaware counties.
Relative Care is located at 36 W Lancaster Ave Downingtown PA 19335 US
The Physical Therapist provides rehabilitative care (physical therapy) for Advance Home Health Care patients needing assistance and training in ambulation, transferring, gait training and home exercise programs. The Physical Therapist works as part of the interdisciplinary home care team including RN, OT, SLP, MSW and Home Health Aides.
- This position requires the physical therapist to work in a variety of environments (housing styles, cleaning and maintenance, heating and cooling) during visits to patients in their place of residence.
- Visual/hearing ability must be sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- The therapist must have ability sufficient to ambulate throughout a patient's home, navigating stairs and other physical barriers typical to private residences.
- The therapist must be able to operate a motor vehicle and travel to and visit in patient’s homes in varying weather and road conditions.
- Must be able to deal effectively with stress.
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and participating in developing the total plan of care.
- Assessing for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM and transfer capabilities.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients, family and/or caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in care to patient’s physician as needed and appropriate.
- Conducting appropriate evaluative procedures; assessing patient’s home environment as appropriate; and identifying patient’s equipment needs.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, progress notes and reports to the physician, and submits these records in a timely manner in accordance with Advance Home Health Care, state and federal guidelines and regulations.