Work Location & City
Relative Care is seeking compassionate and dependable caregivers to provide loving care in homes located throughout Chester, Berks, Lancaster & Delaware counties.
Relative Care is located at 36 W Lancaster Ave Downingtown PA 19335 US
The Advance Home Health Care Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and documenting skilled professional nursing care provided to meet patient needs twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days/week for a geographically assigned caseload from the day of admission through day of discharge. Utilizing physician’s orders and professional skills, the RN functions as a case manager and develops and implements a home health plan of care that meets each patient’s specific needs, and is in compliance with state and federal home health regulations, reimbursement guidelines, as well as Advance Home Health Care policies and procedures. The RN utilizes the nursing process which includes the use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members to achieve positive clinical outcomes with the home health patients. The home health RN is responsible for the on-sight supervision of the Home Health Aide. The RN participates in weekend, holiday and on-call rotation and is able to carry a patient load of 5 to 7 visits per day.
- This position requires the Registered Nurse to work in a variety of environments (housing styles, cleaning and maintenance, heating and cooling) during visits to patients in their place of residence.
- Visual/hearing ability must be sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- The Registered Nurse must have ability sufficient to ambulate throughout a patient’s home, navigating stairs and other physical barriers typical to private residences.
- The Registered Nurse must be able to operate a motor vehicle and travel to and visit in patient’s homes in varying weather and road conditions.
- Must be able to deal effectively with stress.
- Conducts initial nursing assessment through use of the OASIS assessment tool and including physical and psychosocial aspects, of patient/family/caregiver in a thorough, accurate, compassionate and timely fashion.
- Utilizes own special body of knowledge to provide leadership and guidance to the home health team in formulating and individualizing the plan of care relative to the problems identified, interventions required and goals that must be addressed relative to the patient needs.
- Reviews the comprehensive plan of care with the home health team.
- Communicates in writing in the chart and verbally with co-workers and supervisors to coordinate interventions and ensure continuity of care.
- Facilitates and participates in team meetings and contributes to patient care planning.
- Documents accurate, complete and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given.